Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas past #2

I know these don't look like Christmas pictures but they are. When our daughters were young and our family usually spent Christmas with just the 4 of us at home, we had a tradition of going for a picnic at Sabino Canyon on Christmas eve. The picnic fare was usually a Swiss Colony gift pack provided by my in-laws. This however was the first of those winter picnics when my sister Mona flew out by herself to spend the holidays with us. Becky would have been 3 yrs. old and our big gift that year was that we had just found out Becky was getting a sibling. We cooked those Girl Scout burger bundles on this particular day.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

auntie m said...

That is Bill's favorite picture of me. He keeps it in his desk. I remember what a good time I had. It snowed Christmas Day. I even remember the gifts that you gave me. The wool patchwork quilt, a cute sweater vest and a wicker suitcase full of goodies.

Momma_Dee said...

That wicker suitcase was really a wise choice to give someone who had to fly home, huh? We all had a good time. Becky was so sweet and cute. We also got to see you the next Christmas which was Mandy's first. The thing I remember was you had wrapped your gifts to us so beautifully I didn't want to open them.