Saturday, June 27, 2009

the rest of Tuesday

Traveling on quite a distance, we finally came to Tuscola. We made a visit to the restaurant and candy kitchen.
Thanks to me telling Devon who is one of the sisters who own this place about Lori's blog and how we were all the way from Scottsdale and Buffalo to stop in, she invited us back into the candy room where she was making horehound squares. She was a pleasure. Mom had horehound but Mona and I opted out. Devon said you either love it or hate it and I am a long standing hater. However, I did partake of some fabulous hand dipped chocolates.
After several hours at the outlet mall we headed up the road to Champaign-Urbana. Got thoroughly lost, found I don't remember my way around at all. We all had the giggles a few times and ended up having some dinner at Silver Creek, a restaurant my son-in-law David managed when they lived there.
The place is still pretty and the food was still good. My delightful dinner of roasted corn chowder and crab cakes. Tuesday was a very long day. We didn't get home until after 11 and we were all very tired.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

shy_smiley said...

I didn't know you ate at Silvercreek! It looks the same. And the food looks yummy. I think I'd better go have some br-unch.

Unknown said...

I had the crab cakes the only time I ever had the pleasure of dining at Silvercreek, which happened to be the evening prior my nuptials, May 1st, 1998. They were delicious!