Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 14

June 14, Flag Day, is also our mom's birthday. Mona and I both went back to Middletown to celebrate her 84th birthday with her. We drove to Petersburg where we have previuosly visited a sweet little tearoom. This year the restaurant had changed and although no longer a sweet little ladies tearoom, still a charming and delightful place to eat. Mona and I had a delicious buffet brunch of items that tasted as though they had been prepared small batch style in a home kitchen.
Mom enjoyed the turkey sandwich.

Our lovely little teenage server took this picture of the 3 of us, an amazing shot because mom and I usually cringe and look hangdog in photos. My sister informed me that I now have more gray hair than mom. We had a great time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

shy_smiley said...

saw all your photos on fb but it's nice to have them here with your thoughts. Looks like your trip was fabulous.