Monday, June 29, 2009

June is the month for weddings

Today is our 41st anniversary and this is how happy I was to be married to Prince Dennis.
Den's parents were also married in June and I believe the year was 1932. Fran and Mildred honeymooned in Rehobath Beach, Maryland. Not really sure if they were married there or Illinois.
Den's brother Dave and his wife Neona were married in 1957.
And my baby sister Melissa tied the knot with her soulmate Mike in June of 1986. The detail I remember most from their wedding is how upset Mike's mom Barb was that the priest referred to her son as Mike instead of Michael throughout the ceremony. Oh yeah! and maybe when Eric jumped up on the table and it crashed to the floor. Ha!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary, ma'am. Hope all is well with you and I absolutely loved all your posts from Illinois!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful picture of you and your prince. :) I hope you had a lovely anniversary celebration!

Who knew other places could be so green and lush right now? I really enjoyed this virtual vacation...and the food. Yum!

shy_smiley said...

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! These pictures are awesome. Look how tall both Fran and Mildred are... maybe Jack's getting those genes. I swear each night he grows a quarter inch. He'll be as tall as me by the time he's 10.

auntie m said...

Oh, I'm so sorry I missed this on your anniversary. Happy Anniversary! I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Mildred and Fran when they were young. Mildred looks pretty. The table crashing was memorable.

Ana said...

Happy belated anniversary to Deb & Den.
I'm sure the years have been filled with ups and downs, but Oh! What a ride!
I only hope I am as lucky!!!
~A