Friday, June 05, 2009

One fine day

My friend Linda and I had an outing today that we have been planning to do for awhile. Earlier in the spring we went out to Queen Creek Olive Oil Company for shopping and lunch. We had planned to go to The Pork Shop which is is just a little ways down the road but discovered it to be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. So today we had lunch at the olive oil place and then made a visit to the pork place. Here we are at lunch.
This funny piggy is a decoration out by the road at the pork shop. I don't know if the barrel actually holds anything or is purely ornamental. Her eyelashes are pretty cute.
These are the products I chose. I have both maple syrup sausage and Swedish potato sausage. The smell is the shop is delightful, very spicy . I look forward to trying my goodies.
On the drive back to Linda's we stopped for a little Ross shopping and I found this duffle which folds down quite nicely and has wheels and a long handle and only $25. My 25 year old Land's End bag is getting quite travel worn. I hope I will like this one as much as I think I will. A fun day. Thanks, Linda.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

auntie m said...

Miss Piggy is pretty cute. You have a lot of odd specialty shops there. They probably wouldn't last a year here in Buff. Guess I'll be seeing the travel bag up close and personal very soon.