Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Clicking the tiles

Today I was included as the 4th for a very delightful afternoon spent learning mah jongg. My friend Michaele thought it would be fun to learn, so she invited Jennie, Karen and me to lunch. Jennie has been playing for 5 years now and offered to teach us. When we arrived Michaele had this lovely table set up for us.
Karen and Jennie have a glass of wine. I was the driver and enjoyed a nice green citrus iced tea.
This is a warm pasta and vegetable salad Michaele was making for our lunch. Proscuitto and fresh Parmesan were added at the end.
Jennie got out the tiles and holders and the game began. We got so busy and engrossed in learning about dots, flowers, dragons, bams and cracks that I totally forgot to take any more pictures. I think this is a game that I could really get into.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

auntie m said...

This reminds me of dozens of movies that I've seen. Looks like a pleasant afternoon. Is it hard to learn?

Momma_Dee said...

It seemed at first like impossible to learn but once I got over my terror of appearing a complete idiot it became fun. Jennie is a teacher by profession and was an excellent teacher of this, also.