Wednesday, November 19, 2008

'tis the season

Christmas used to be my favorite holiday. Anymore I start to feel a little depressed as the holidays roll around and another year draws to a close. In spite of that I can't help feel a little burst of "exhilaration" when the red and tan elves have stocked their shelves up at my neighborhood Target. Target is practically the only store where I feel you can purchase some decent quality merchandise without breaking the bank. Every year the Archer Farms label has a few new varieties they introduce at the holidays.
And there are always some bright and shiny trays and colorful dishes to browse.
I only feel slight guilt allowing myself a couple of magazines. I will look at them every night and possibly try out a recipe or 2.
This was my little treat to myself this afternoon. The chutney and the relish will be used to liven up the boneless, skinless chicken breasts we have at least once a week, and the peppermint bark is simply a sinful pleasure. This year they made it in irresistible dark chocolate.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Mmm those pancakes look delicious...maybe one morning over Christmas you'll wake up and find me at your breakfast table. :)

Momma_Dee said...

Thanks for stopping in Jodie. I would be delighted to make pancakes for you anytime.

auntie m said...

I saw that same display of Christmas items at my Target and I purchased a big red ice tub with jingle bells simply because I could not help myself.

shy_smiley said...

It's hard to feel christmas-y when we haven't even had thanksgiving yet and it's still practically 90 degrees outside. Some people in my neighborhood have already put their lights up! I'm all for organization and preparedness, but gimme a break!

Momma_Dee said...

Ah yes,Auntie M,I too admired that jingle bell ice tub. I'm sure you'll find something cute to do with it. As you know how few drinks parties we have, I had thought of pine cones by the fireplace.