Wednesday, November 04, 2009

What the heck?

Being that I have learned November is some kind og blogging month and the goal is to post every day, thought I would give it a whirl. I'm discovering that my life might not hold enough fascination to warrant a daily blog. One curiosity of the week was this cheese "truckle" that I found at Trader Joe's. It's a heavy little thing. My checker picked it up and expressed on such and said he'd never seen one before.
When I looked it up today, found it meant a barrel shaped cheese which is taller than it is round.
After removing 2 very thick layers of black wax coating, discovered it was mellow and delicious on a Dare cracker.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

i love your cheese-eatin' picture. Love it.

Unknown said...

That's too funny! I just purchased that same cheese on Thursday. :) It reminded me of a holiday cheese TJ's used to have - gouda in red or green wax. I love those wax cheeses!!