Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a Tuesday outing

Today I attended a fund raiser for the P.E.O. chapter of which my EfM mentor Karen is the president. It was called Simply Elegant Cooking. There were 4 presenters showing appetizers and some sweets. It was held in a gorgeous home in Paradise Valley. Here chili chicken tarts are being shown.
This is Karen making "white trash", a concoction of white chocolate coated pretzels, Chex cereal and nuts.
After the demonstations, we tasted the items. Clockwise from top- stuffed apricots, chili chicken tart, eggplant bruschetta appetizer, pizza bites and proscuitto wrapped shrimp on pesto. Everything was very tasty.
A section of the lovely yard. A very enjoyable time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

auntie m said...

Oh, I wish i could have been there. I did a similiar thing with my ASWA group where we split into small groups and each group made a different appetizer and then we had them for dinner along with wine. I love anything having to do with food.