Saturday, February 14, 2009

What I did today

Throughout my adult life I have given as gifts most of my best projects and rarely make one of anything for myself so decided before I packed up the bag of fabric hearts, I would make one more valentine decoration for this house.
Here's how it looks in the kitchen with my carnations.
My other project was curtain panels for Mandy. She bought this Alexander Henry fabric online at a wonderful website selling all her artsy and Mexican folk art types of things. I love this print. It's called "Corazones", very nice quality and lovely to work with. I'm sure she will enjoy it. Good choice, Mandy.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

shy_smiley said...

I admire your dedication to the Year of Creativity. I love my own hearts and Jack enjoyed his Valentine. Miss you and love you.

auntie m said...

I too admire your dedication to creativity. You have been very selfless with all the lovely handmade gifts you have given over the years. When I make or buy something beautiful I find I often can't bear to part with it. Then it sits around my home with only me to appreciate it. I should share the beauty with others like you do.

Miss Linder said...

Made one for yourself huh? A novel approach. I like Mandy's curtain panel.

Unknown said...

We love our Valentine's goodies! The hearts are so sweet and are hanging in a special spot to be enjoyed. The cookies, well, they're nearly gone (yum!) and I'm going to need that recipe. You knew I'd say that, right? And our lovely Valentine card is proudly displayed where a certain little person points her finger at it and will tell you who made it. :) We are blessed indeed that you create and share these wonderful things with our family. Much hugs and love to you!