Thursday, February 19, 2009

The booty


I had a little time to kill this morning so made a visit to the Gold Mine Thrift Store which is associated with Good Shepherd of the Hills Episcopal Church in Cave Creek. I volunteered at this shop for about 10 years. I spent $17.50 this morning and came away with this lot of goods. I bought the purse because I loved it but was also filled with smugness when I looked up this brand (Monsac) online and discovered that I had spent about 3% of its original price. Even though prices have increased in this shop, there is still a thrilling deal to be found.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

auntie m said...

I like that purse too. Isn't that a good feeling, getting a bargain like that? I haven't set foot in a thrift shop for about a month now. I'm having withdrawal pains. Sure would like to set foot in The Gold Mine again.

shy_smiley said...

Yes, yes, YES! I'm planning a run to St. Vinnie's $1 clothing day today. Maybe I'll find a bargain, too. The thrill of the chase!