Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sweetest holiday celebrated a little early

Favorite vase is filled with one of my favorite flowers for Valentine's Day. I love carnations and feel that they are a much maligned flower. If you put a whole lot of them together, they are gorgeous. I bought a bunch of pink and a bunch of red and they make me happy. I have a feeling good old vase here is going to see a lot of use unless I find something else I like as much on one of my Ross and Marshall's runs.
Homemade valentines for my boys, partly because I couldn't find any manufactured ones I like and also because it's meant to be my year of creativity.
Mr M took me out tonight for an early valentine treat to dinner and a movie at Farelli's Cinema where you sit at tables and enjoy your dinner while watching the show. We saw "Marley and Me" and indulged ourselves with Angusburgers and fries. It was a lovely valentine gift even if I did have to scrub at my eyes and blow my nose a few big honking times. I'm not usually much of a Jennifer Anniston or Owen Wilson fan but liked both of them in this movie.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

shy_smiley said...

These are simply darling. Can't wait to get it in the mail. Valentine's is not a day I get worked up over... nobody I know is getting anything from me, except maybe Brazey, who's been convinced for about a month that MiMi is getting him a heart-shaped box of candy for Valentine's Day.

Ana said...

Love these homemade Valentines!
Your grandchildren are lucky to have you!!!
~A

Jeffiner said...

Your cookies are so beautiful. I love the little doilies under them, too. I want to be like you when I retire.

Miss Linder said...

Jeffiner, was that you?

Momma_Dee said...

I wondered if this was Linda's friend Jennifer also. And if so I am so happy to have you comment on here. If it isn't Linda's friend I still appreciate the lovely compliment. However be aware, nobody wants to be like me. I buy more supplies than I ever use, have scads of half finished projects and can't resist going out after more. I am making an effort to do more this year.