Monday, February 09, 2009

Finally


Both the creativity and the productivity come together in the Valentine decorations that finally got finished. My friend Linda and I saw some Valentine mobiles at the mall a few weeks ago and I thought we could duplicate them. By the time we got all the print hearts made I was about out of the notion. When I started putting one together, totally hated it. So finally designed my own Valentine decoration which is much more in keeping with my personal style (in the event that I have one) and they are finally ready to put in the mail. I think they are way cuter than they look in the picture but here they are anyway. I am currently dealing with extreme camera frustration and anger. If I ever get it resolved to my satisfaction, will blog it.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Miss Linder said...

They look great!!! I ended up being happy with mine as well. The little beaded wire hangers ended up being a nice touch. Sent one to Jodie yesterday. Will send one to Michelle tomorrow or the next day. I will email you a larger picture. Maybe next we should make doll clothes for the 2 inch tall Polly Pocket dolls without wearing our glasses :-)

Momma_Dee said...

You are too funny! I almost feel like I will never sew again. And what am I going to do with 52 assorted fabric hearts? Remind me next time not to be so damned ambitious. Actually, forget that- I never learn!

Jodie said...

Looks great Debbie! My mom said you guys may come visit in March. That would be fun, we just bought a new house!

Miss Linder said...

I think we will be making more next year and not waiting until the last minute. I have quite a few of those hearts left also. Or maybe we could make them and sell them for $100. :-)

auntie m said...

Maybe I could send you each a dozen or so of the fabric holly leaves I made one Christmas for an ambitious abandoned wreath project. They would go well with your fabric hearts.

Miss Linder said...

Thank you Auntie M and we could reciprocate by sending you several dozen flour sack dishtowels which were purchased to embelish but remain untouched in the bottom of my closet.

shy_smiley said...

As recipient of one of the dexations I gotta say a big thank you! I love it! And thanks, too, for all the laughs. You ladies are a stitch and a half.