Sunday, March 22, 2009

Towel tale

My friend Linda and I are somewhat of dish towel fanatics. We love to go to Anthropologie and check out the sale tables for their beautifully embellished ones. A couple of years ago I found some colored feed sack towels and bought a number of them to decorate for Day of the Dead. I made one set for Mandy and still have a huge bunch of them in the closet-unornamented. So in the midst of that project, Linda and I found these colored dish towels at Target. We went a little goofy buying a bunch of them. When I washed them, discovered they weren't as heavy as the ones from Fry's. In my attempt to beef them up a little, I came up with the idea in these pictures. Well, Linda and I decided we liked them so much that we made a special trip over to Joann's to buy trim fabrics. We had a special sewing day when we started on them. I think I made 4 or 5 that day. Last weekend, Linda got this project out and started working on it again. She inspired me to dig the towels out of the closet and I finally finished all the ones I had from Target.
This picture is for Linda because these are fabrics of hers that she shared with me. We both are a little freakish for Alexander Henry prints. Now I have to work on my messy house and lay off sewing for a while.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Miss Linder said...

Way to make me look bad........I made 4 Easter towels, but got out the stuff to do a lot more. Boy those sure are cute!

PS. You're going to need to buy more towels.

auntie m said...

You are a one woman assembly line. Each one is cuter than the one next to it. I'm kind of partial to the chicken print and the refrigerator printthough.

auntie m said...

Are those your homemade bias tapes?

Momma_Dee said...

Miss Linder-you were my inspiration to get off my duff.
Auntie-yes, those are the bias tapes and those 2 towels shall be yours.