Thursday, March 19, 2009

nostalgia

Once upon a time when my girls were approximately 8 and 12, I placed an order along with my British friend Gail to a company she used all the time called Clothkits. It sold things through a mail order catalog that were complete kits for making garments and a few household items. The things were printed on cloth and you cut them out just like paperdolls. All the notions you needed came packed in a little bag. I made Mandy a very cute little gray corduroy skirt and mauve print blouse and Becky a blue corduroy jumpsuit. This skirt kit was purchased for me but of course as is my way never made.
In my current attempt to make up some of the things I have been hauling around for up to 40 years, I sewed this kit together and mailed off to Becky. Chances are she will never wear it.
But in the event she does give it a shot, I made these earrings to go with it. I'm sure she can wear them with something else anyway.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Miss Linder said...

Oh, I bet she will wear it and the earrings too. I'm with Jennifer, when I retire I want to be like you.

Miss Linder said...

And look it still exists http://www.clothkits.co.uk/index.php

auntie m said...

You are just a productive maniac. Wish some of that would rub off on me.

shy_smiley said...

Yeah, I agree with auntie m. You sure are breathing life into lots of projects. I adore the earrings and I WILL wear the skirt but it will have to be a day when I don't have to breathe and I don't have to carry anything more than 3 Advil in my purse.

Unknown said...

Wow! Your 40-year old projects are fantastic!! The bunny family must have taken a lot of patience. :) BTW - Little Miss K. and I adore our new aprons. We decided to make cake. Chocolate, of course. Guess who got chocolate on hers? It washed out beautifully and is ready for another baking project. You are just amazing to make all of these wonderful things in such a short amount of time. Where do you get the energy? It's incredible.

Hugs and happy sewing!

Ana said...

Just amazing.
The little booties are absolutely adorable! The rabbit set, too. I cannot imagine the amount of work that was poured into both of those projects.

And what an inspiration you are to finish these projects that are four-decades old. Your creativity makes me feel down-right-ashamed of myself! =]