Monday, March 16, 2009

over my head

My sister put a beautiful post of her dinner this evening on her blog. The presentation was lovely with food in jewel-like colors. I made this seafood lasagna for our dinner. I have been trying to use more of my cookbooks of which I have an overabundance. This is from Cooking Light Favorites. I purchased the ingredients to supplement those which I already had. Uh-oh, forgot to read the directions prior to beginning. This gem had 4 separate pans of stuff. One part asked that I peel shrimp and make a stock of the shrimp shells. Well, I had purchased peeled shrimp though the large and raw sort. Thankfully I keep a jar of Penzey's seafood base. Finally got all the sauces, cheeses, pasta ready.
I had this ridiculous amount of dishes that I washed. Couldn't bear to take a picture of stovetop and 2 counters littered with dirty utensils and ingredients during preparation.
This is the evil concoction after we ate. It was pretty good, not spectacular. Den's comment was, "Don't cook any more fish for a week or so." I said,"Didn't you like it?" To which he replied that he just couldn't stand the way the house smelled. Which unfortunately reminds me of one of my old friend Jackie's favorite jokes.
What did the blind man say when he passed the fish market? Hello, ladies. Sorry-just couldn't resist.
And on a sweeter note, here's how $3 worth of daffodils looks since they've all opened. Happy spring!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

auntie m said...

Your lasagna looks exactly like the picture in the cookbook. My bread pudding was a Cooking Light recipe also but I'm not sure how light it was. I think "not very".
And I had a ridiculous amount of hand dishes also.

shy_smiley said...

Freeze some of that up and I'll eat it when we come for Easter. I can't bear a recipe that yields that many dishes. Your daffs are gorgeous. Very springy and happy.