Friday, March 06, 2009

favorite things

Reading is what I love to do most of all and I get an inordinate amount of pleasure from browsing and purchasing used books. I go to thrift stores and the donated section of both my libraries. I probably have more books now than I will ever be able to read but that does not stop my quest. I have discovered some wonderful authors in this fashion. This book Caramelo been out in the cabinet for a couple of years and I just started reading it a couple of days ago. I had read a review of it when it came out and thought I might like it. Well, I absolutely love it. Also find the dust jacket very creative. It's funny how a book might please you. Sometimes the title is just a grabber, it can be the artwork on the cover. Frequently for me a phrase will just strike the right note when I'm leafing through. This one is just pleasing in all those ways.
A nice side benefit is that each place I look usually also has a few CDs. I've been able to find some wonderful music this way. This little jewel I picked up for a buck at Mustang Library today. My mom used to sing the Hut-Sut song all the time when we were kids. I'm sure she would probably enjoy a copy of this CD. Doesn't take much to make me happy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

auntie m said...

Didn't she also sing Three Little Fishes? And they swam and they swam right over the dam or maybe they swam on the rilla raw. Can you make me a copy of the CD?