Thursday, March 19, 2009

fussy little felts

The baby shoes that I just finished from a re-release of a vintage Simplicity pattern. While I certainly don't intend opening an Etsy account to sell these as they were a fair amount of effort, if any of my family and friends have a special baby coming in to their life, I would be happy to make them a pair.
This is a felt project that I finally finished last year after hauling around since my girls were little. I think things made of felt can either look awful or great and I have to admit to loving these. There were a great deal of work being sewn together with blanket stitch and all features hand embroidered. At one time when I was into having more grandiose ideas, I had thought to make a set of these for everyone in my family. But alas, I now know this set will surely be the only one in the world of my existence. There seems to be a resurgence of things made with felt and all-wool felt is becoming available and is recommended for anything of nicer quality. I really enjoy making little felt objects but it is tedious.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

auntie m said...

Awwwwh!!! Those slippers are about the cutest things I've ever seen. The bunny project too. I think I might recall seeing the carrot before sometime in those forty years.

shy_smiley said...

one for everyone in the family! How ambitious. they sure are cute. Those little booties are darling and look lic4ake lots of work

Miss Linder said...

If the felt bunnies disappear, I won't know where they are.