Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

I am feeling nostalgic (seems to happen more frequently the older I get) and decided to post some favorite pictures of my mom. This is my mom and me at the Logan county fair when I was about 5 years old and still an only child. I remember we had a wonderful time and that she won me a goldfish at some kind of booth. We rode all the rides together and had trashy, junky things to eat. It was a day I will never forget. My mother is usually disdainful of all of those things and I do not know how this day came about but I sure had a great time.
This was taken on my wedding day and is one of my favorite pictures of my mom. Maybe she was glad to be getting rid of me! Just teasing as I know that is certainly not true.
My parents when my baby sister Melissa was in high school. Amazingly my mom is smiling because she hates having a photo taken and often looks forlorn in them. I was (and still am) lucky to have a good mom who cared about us and I think her 3 daughters turned out quite well.
And these are the 2 cherubs who have enriched my life immeasurably since I became the mama to them. Oh, I adored and continue to adore my little blonde angels. May all the moms of my acquaintance feel blessed with their families on this weekend.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

auntie m said...

My mom rode carnival rides? Happy Mother's Day.

shy_smiley said...

love you mom. And your mom, too. And her mom. And her mom. That's all the moms I knew, but I love all of them. And you too.

Ana said...

What a lovely post, Deb!
You inspire me.
And I must say that I am exceedingly jealous that Becky still has her grandmother and wase able to know her great and great-great grandmothers, too.
What a blessing! =]

Unknown said...

Becky resembles Mona in your wedding photo.
Aaron looks like Mandy in the last photo.