Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hi, old friend

I have very much enjoyed being part of the Facebook community and appreciate more than I can ever say my daughter Becky's help and guidance with buying and learning to use a digital camera, how to blog, becoming part of Facebook and her encouragement to keep going when I thought I would make the computer explode. (How's that for a sentence, Mrs. Beaver?) So anyway I located this lovely person, Carla on Facebook. I had about a 90 minute conversation with her on Saturday-the first we had spoken in over 40 years and found her to be the same upbeat and charming friend that she was way back when. We are in a photobooth at the old downtown K-Mart in Springfield,Il.
In this photo, we had volunteered to represent our nursing school in some kind of downtown parade. Carla helped me to have a whole new perspective on the years I spent at nursing school. I don't really look back on it with much fondness. I feel very grateful to her for presenting me with some whole new thought processes. Life is certainly a journey and sometimes I'm not always sure the road taken was the best choice but I'm beginning to believe that perhaps it always has been. For me the saying "we grow too soon old and too late smart' has always been applicable.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

auntie m said...

I don't think I've ever seen you more happy and carefree-looking than in that photobooth photo. It's such a cute picture.
Saw on Facebook that you connected with Carla. I'm happy for you.

shy_smiley said...

mom, that's just too cool