Sunday, January 18, 2009

The productivity

In keeping with my motto for the year, I had to do a couple of projects that I have put off for far too long. These are 3 boards I have had in the closet since I painted the room. Had to get out the yardstick and level but finally got them up. I believe Mr. M thinks they don't contrast enough with the wall color but they actually look just like I envisioned.
This is a little stool that I bought at an auction when we lived in Illinois. I was the only bidder and it cost me 50 cents. It had dark varnish, was ugly and had about 6 different coverings layered on the seat. Den refinished the legs and this is its 3rd new cover in its life at my house. In keeping with my spirit of thrift, this cover is made from the front of an ultraseude skirt I bought at my church's thrift store at least 5 years ago. I think it likes its new home in our entry way.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

shy_smiley said...

fantastic results. really lovely

auntie m said...

both lovely pieces of productivity but I can't quite get my perpective on the wall boards. Is that just a small area above your sewing machine? I thought it was the back bedroom that you painted.

Momma_Dee said...

Yes, right above the sewing machine. Painted the middle bedroom. Next project will be painting the back bedroom.