Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy Birthday, Neona

Yesterday was my sister-in-law Neona's birthday. She was the New Year's baby the year she was born in Lincoln, Illinois. In 2009, my year of creativity, this is the necklace I made for her. Entirely my own design, made with the big beads I like to work with and the decorative hook type clasp was made by my very own self using silver wire wrap techniques. I hope she will enjoy wearing it.
Mama Ginny, baby Keira and Grandma Neona check out pictures. It's looking like Keira may be left-handed like her mommy but her parents think she uses both hands fairly equally.
This is a picture I made for Neona for Christmas more than 10 years ago. It is the only attempt I ever made at hardangar embroidery work. The picture has lovely texture and warmth and I always feel very proud of it when I see it hanging during the Christmas season.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

auntie m said...

You have always been very talented and creative so how is this year different? I guess your year of creativity means this year will be your own designs. Excellent start with the beautiful and colorful necklace.