Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Favorite things
If I could be transported any place on the planet for lunch, I would go to the Vintage Fare in Lincoln, Illinois. In this green bowl is my attempt to copy the fruit compote that I have sometimes been able to have. Vintage Fare is run by a lovely lady named Joyce Kinzie. She is in my opinion one of the best cooks anywhere. She is only open at lunchtime and always seems to be doing a comfortable business. Other favorites of mine that she makes are pickled beets and an incredible cream of tomato soup. I have recently nearly duplicated the beets but am unsure of the soup and afraid I would need too many "fattening" ingredients to really make it work. Yeah for Joyce!
(And this green bowl is one of my favorites, too)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Miss Linder said...

You are becomming quite the little blogger

auntie m said...

I may need that recipe.