Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My gram would have been 103 today

My maternal grandmother was born on this date in 1906. Unfortunately I do not have a 5 generation picture when she was little. In this photo my grandma is on the left with her little girl, my mom Barbara who has always been called Bob by her family.
I am the baby here and my grandma is still on the left.
My little baby Becky came along when my grandma was 65 years old. She is on the right in this pic.
This is on her 100th birthday taken at the nursing home. She was a feisty little lady. I learned an awfully lot from her. Sometimes I have to try really hard to be less opinionated than she was but it's often a losing battle. She was certainly an influential part of my growing up. She had difficulty expressing affection but I know she loved us all very much. And I loved her a lot, too. I miss you, Gram.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

auntie m said...

I love all these pictures. I miss our gram.