Monday, February 14, 2011

Please let this work

My friend Pam asked me if I'd like to go to Weight Watchers with her. Ever since she's known me, she's had to listen to me whine about overweight. I didn't really think I would do it. I really didn't think I was capable of losing any of this weight. But with much embarassment and fear of the scales, I did it. It has been 5 weeks and I have lost 13 pounds. I am beyond happiness over it. I just hope to make it through one day at a time. There is a sign over by the airport for smoke cessation that says "never quit quitting" and I have taken that up as my motto. Also the perseverance necklace is a reminder. Perseverance wins!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

shy_smiley said...

you're gonna do it. happy valentine's to yourself. so important to take care of your body. I'm so proud of you!

Jodie said...

I was really happy to read this post...it made me grin ear to ear. Good for you! XO

Anonymous said...

good for you ...I love w/w and have been going for a while..with your will,prayers and the one day at a time life-style,you will make it... great start.. I like your blog very interesting....anna

http://amcneese.blogspot.com

auntie m said...

I love the motto. Good for you!!!

nicole nicholson said...

I love weight watchers!
The best part about it is that it isn't a fad diet - it actually changes your eating habits over time!

Congratulations on the loss and keep up the hard work!!