Wednesday, December 15, 2010

La Fraaawnch!

Night before Thanksgiving. I told Becky we would go out for a nice dinner. Jack was going to be with his dad and we could have a liesurely meal. She chose Le Rendezvous, a French restaurant of fairly long standing. I don't have much experience with French food except what I have experimented with at home and a few luinches out. This is Becky's starter of roasted beet salad with goat cheese. I had French Onion soup which was superb.
My entree of the first sweetbreads I have ever eaten, delicious! We had 4 small sides on this plate, some potatoes Anna, broccoli rabe, baked tomato half and something exquisite of spaghetti squash which is hidden under the greens. A simply wonderful dinner!
I thought we should have the ultimate cliche dessert. Our waiter Daniel prepared crepe Suzette tableside.
One of the best desserts I have ever eaten. I wanted to pick up my plate and lick it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

auntie m said...

That sweetbreads plate looks like the ultimate Frenchy meal.

shy_smiley said...

it was soooo goood. All of it.