Sunday, May 30, 2010

Last day in Middletown

On Saturday morning Mona left for home. Mom was kind of tired so I told her we would just take a ride. This is Polecat Hill somehow it seemed a lot more steep when I was a kid.
Good old Salt Creek. Spent lots of time playing under this bridge. Wasn't supposed to though.
The Mill Restaurant in Lincoln, an old Route 66 landmark is being renovated. Mandy and I ate here a few times when we first moved back to Mt. Pulaski. Home of the famous schnitzel sandwich.
Elkhart hill. This was on my blog last year but I just love it so much.
Also love this so very, very much. This was our home for the 8 years we lived in Mt. Pulaski. This house was so comforting and secure. And probably had more storage than any house in town. The big tree by the garage door was my Mother's Day present in about 1988.
Mt. Pulaski court house. Abe Lincoln was a circuit rider here.
My very favorite grave marker ever.
Den's parents' marker in Laenna Cemetery in Chestnut.
Pastoral scene in Chestnut-Beason Park. We used to have family picnics here.
Precious family of geese along water's edge.
Atlanta, Il clock tower landmark.
Seeing the arch again on the return drive. I had a very rewarding and enjoyable time.

2 comments:

auntie m said...

Love the pictures.

shy_smiley said...

I liked seeing all the pictures and reading bits about your trip that you hadn't told me about. Very nice. Love you. ~Becky