Saturday, January 02, 2010

A very pleasant day

Last year my theme for the year was creativity and productivity. I managed to be a little of each. This year, I decided my motto will be"choose happiness." Much of what we do in life is necessity but for this year when I can decide what I want to do, I will do the things that make me happy. I think one of the best things I have decided is to have my house cleaned. It has freed me up from a great deal of guilt and made me enjoy doing the things I really like to much more. I'm going to try to do some really nice knitting, make a few more of the gifts and cards I give and make an effort to use up some of my vast supply of food, grooming aids and actually many other stashes and collections. These will be my goals. Not really bothering with resolutions because historically, I know they won't be kept. So to make myself happy today, I made a trip over to Joann's to use my 20% off everything coupon. I know, not really helping the use things up bit. I stood in line behind these delightful little sisters. I asked their mom if I could take their picture because they were just so doggone cute. Kind of reminded me of the Totoro movie somehow.
Our friends Michaele and Rob came for dinner tonight. I made this chocolate crusted raspberry tart. The long rectangular pan always makes a nice presentation.
They brought me these gorgeous tulips which I put in my old standby and very favorite vase.
Then late tonight I did the altar flowers for church tomorrow. All in all, a satisfying day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

auntie m said...

Your tart is very beautiful.
I made an orange yogurt tart and didn't take the time to use my pan with the fluted edges. Now I feel a little ashamed about it. Choose happiness...a good theme. I have always believed that we make our own happiness...we can't look to someone else to make us happy.