Sunday, July 26, 2009

my other Ginny

I have 2 Ginnys who are special in my life, one is my friend of the past 12 or more years and the other is a friend and also my niece who has been married to our nephew Darin for 15 years. On Saturday my friend Ginny (to be distinguished from my niece Ginny) and I went downtown for a little thrifting, an activity we both enjoy. Downtown is looking good, haven't been since the light-rail system is now completed and functional. This is a view heading north on Central Ave. where an overpass is adorned with Frank Lloyd Wright either designed or inspired pieces. A pretty looking day but hot as a pizza oven.
One of our reasons for going was the shoe and purse extravaganza at Flo's on 7th which might just be the nicest thrift store in Phoenix, not including consignment stores. It benefits the Florence Crittendon home.
I bought 5 or 6 items including these Enzo Angiolini sandals which are very comfy and very "turquoise." Had a really good time. Determined to get out of my rut.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

auntie m said...

Ooooh...I need to come visit again.

shy_smiley said...

wow... that place looks like a regular full price store! Those shoes are gorgeous. (aside: Mae took me out shopping and bought me a lovely $79 The Sak red leather bag, which I thought I loved, until I found a $1.99 Bueno handbag full of pockets and organizational delights at New Beginnings Thrift Store in Lincoln. I love thrifting!)